[Kolab-devel] [issue839] problem when kolabHomeServer is missing

Henning Holtschneider kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Jul 8 10:00:10 CEST 2005

New submission from Henning Holtschneider <henning at loca.net>:

We did a migration from Kolab 1 to Kolab 2 the other day. We did this by
adapting an LDIF dump from the old server to the new schema and slapdadd'ed the
result into the machine running Kolab 2.

The procedure went well, except that we forgot to add the kolabHomeServer
attribute to each user. The basic functions of the server (POP3, IMAP, Web
admin) don't seem to care about that but it's not possible to use Sieve through
the web interface ("not in TRANSACTION STATE") and I *think* there will also be
problems with the free/busy generation.

There are two possible solutions to this problem:

1. upgrade kolabHomeServer from MAY to MUST for kolabInetOrgPerson

2. default kolabHomeServer to kolabHost inside the scripts that use
kolabHomeServer

messages: 5109
nosy: hehol
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: problem when kolabHomeServer is missing