[Kolab-devel] [issue831] Cannot change required user data for manager

Richard Bos kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Jul 4 21:18:25 CEST 2005

New submission from Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl>:

I wanted to change the manager's Firstname (for checking the correct
operation of ldap).  As the manager is the only user in my ldap db
I took of course that one.

When changing First name from Richard to RJM in the modify user tab
I get this error msg:
  Account DN could not be modified, distribution list
'postmaster at atlas.radoeka.nl' depends on it. To modify this account, first
remove it from the distribution list.
 Account DN could not be modified, distribution list
'hostmaster at atlas.radoeka.nl' depends on it. To modify this account, first
remove it from the distribution list.
 Account DN could not be modified, distribution list 'abuse at atlas.radoeka.nl'
'virusalert at atlas.radoeka.nl' depends on it. To modify this account, first
remove it from the distribution list.
 Account DN could not be modified, distribution list
'MAILER-DAEMON at atlas.radoeka.nl' depends on it. To modify this account, first
remove it from the distribution list.

Is this really needed, is it really not possible to change the manager's
first/last name?  I would expect that the user entry depends on the uid
and primary emai address only...

messages: 5085
nosy: rbos
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Cannot change required user data for manager