[Kolab-devel] rename of shared folder shared.foo at domain (from user.foo at domain), can no longer send mail to it

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 11:14:33 CET 2005

Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 25. Januar 2005 15:27 schrieb Martin Brodbeck:
>
> Hi,
>
>>>https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue635)
>>Thanks a lot. It's really an upper case problem. After renaming, it worked.
>
> From a RFC point of view local parts of email addresses are indeed case
> sensitive. But for all practial reasons (to my knowledge) it is best if the
> complete email address including the domain are treated case insensitive.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Yours,
> -- martin

I agree - people never give their email addresses stating which letters
are uppercase or lowercase. I can't see any reasonable use for them
being case sensitive.

(I actually used the case sensitivity as a "feature" - my shared SPAM
and HAM folders are upper case, this means that no-one could mail it
directly, only copy/move mail to it from their client, thus preserving
the headers etc.)
Cheers,