[Kolab-devel] [issue636] Kolab doesn't recieve emails on jailed FreeBSD installs

Mike Holcomb mike.holcomb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:53:07 CET 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:29:18 +0100, Alexander Ehlers <aeli at gmx.de> wrote:
> check resolv.conf on host and in the jail!
> check hosts on host-system
> try redirecting the traffic on the specific ports directly to the jail IP
> is your dns aware of the hostname?
> ... all the network tests ....
>
> is the webinterface reacheable?
>
> http://grunix-mirror.bummi-net.de/freebsd/jails.pdf
>
> sorry , it's german, but you will be able to read it :) it's the best I know

This has occured on more than one network.

Network A:

Using hosts to define machine names, resolv.conf has two external name
servers.  Name lookup is working fine both locally, and remote.

Network B:

Uses DNS, resolv.conf points to internal name server.  Name look up
works fine.  Dns is aware of hostname.

On both networks, jailed installs can connect out, and others can
connect to it. Web interface works, I can connect via imap fine, just
when I send mail, even to myself it never makes it through.

Ich kann nicht dieses pdf lesen, meine deutsch ist nicht zu gut.