[Kolab-devel] RE : [kronolith] Kronolith & Kolab

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Thu Jan 20 22:58:12 CET 2005

On Donnerstag 20 Januar 2005 19:10, Stuart K Bingë wrote:
> On Thursday, 20 January 2005 14:34, Martin Konold wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 20. Januar 2005 13:31 schrieb a.gungl at gmx.de:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > We should somehow start to collect our knowledge about the current
> > > Horde quirks, so that everyone can benefit from it.
> >
> > As mentioned before this is what wiki.kolab.org is meant for.
>
> Please also remember to file bug reports on bugs.horde.org (after
> checking for existing bugs that are similar).
>
> If these quirks are to be fixed then the Horde developers (myself
> included) need to be made aware of them - unfortunately it's rather
> difficult to keep tabs on a bug tracker and 4+ mailing lists with people
> posting problems across all of these!

If I knew that somebody will fix them within an appropriate timeframe in
Horde CVS, then there would be no need to put them into the wiki. But let's
face it, the Kolab aspect of Horde hasn't got any update since around Oct.
20. Putting them into the Horde bug tracker allows tracking by Horde
developers, but this provides absolutely no benefit for those who want to
try the web frontend.

BTW, even with the hints mentioned in this thread it was not possible for me
to add an event. Editing an event failed and the XML part containing the
Kolab format data was lost.
All you can do currently is handling mail and _reading_ all other data
(events, tasks, notes, addresses). Otherwise you risk a data loss.

Regards,
Andreas