[Kolab-devel] DLs overwrite external addresses

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 16:13:07 CET 2005

Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> Hamish <lists at subvs.co.uk> writes:
>
>>I have confirmed this as true - any DL added without a domain extension
>>will apply to any domain, not just mydestination. Thinking about this,
>>it is relaively obvious, my mistake.
>
> I'd say it's a bug in Kolab.  It's perfectly OK to have a distribution
> list with a name without the domain part.  The distribution lists
> created by the server itself (hostmaster, etc.) do not have a domain
> name either.  I just filed that as
> https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue609
>
>    Bernhard

Any ideas for a quick fix? I have a lot of lists (ok not that many,
around 40) that I will need to sort out. Are the DLs only stored in
LDAP? so if I changed all the DLs like so:

cn=it,dc=mydomain,dc=com to cn=it at mydomain.com,dc=mydomain,dc=com

would that work? I do not want to change them all with the web gui!

I do not know enough of the internals to figure out where the address is
changed, sorry, but it does include the orig-to in the postfix logs.
Maybe there is a way to make the matching a bit more strict?
Cheers,