[Kolab-devel] Unable to install kolab2 (perl?)

Hollerer Johannes j.hollerer at amergy.com
Mon Jan 10 12:52:07 CET 2005

Hi,
I have done the following steps according to the description of the wiki
page (downloaded the latest full sources (from the 20041201) and made
obmtool kolab
The installation failed and after searching through the logs i found
that perl was not installed - and all the others failed because they
need perl.
I then tried to manually build perl with the command (/kolab/bin/openpkg
rpmbuild -bb perl.spec) - this resulted in the error message i sent !.
When i delete within the spec file the || exit $? at line 113 the
installation works - so it must be something withtin this chapter !.
I now try to work with this perl version (compiled without the || exit
$? command) and hope it will work !.

I also had to remove the libgcrypt-config to build the apache server
(only an additional information about the build process)

What else do you need - to find the problem ?.

br
Johannes

Am Dienstag, 4. Januar 2005 23:34 schrieb j.hollerer at amergy.com:

Hi Johannes,

>> i have the same problem with the installation on fedora core 2 !
>> i always get the error
>> +exit 123
>> error: Bad exit status from /kolab/RPM/TMP/rpm-tmp.9424 (%install)

Can you please be more specific how to reproduce your problem.

Regards,
-- martin
-- "I am committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the
President next year." -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc. e r f
r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany Erlewein, Frank, Konold & Partner -
Beratende Ingenieure und Physiker