[Kolab-devel] bash in gcc build can not find stage2/xgcc

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 5 22:36:37 CET 2005

Op woensdag 5 januari 2005 15:17, schreef Martin Konold:
> Please contact the OpenPKG developers and report back to us.

Well I just repeated the 'obmtool kolab' command, to get more info and guess
what all went fine....  Nothing changed as far as I know.
In the meantime I have successfully build all the packages on suse-9.2
But I had to repeat the obmtool many times, because needed packages where not
build in time and because of that the other packages were not build....
E.g. grep needs pcre, but the latter is build much later than grep.  Once pcre
has been build, it is possible to build grep.  Once that one is build some
dependend perl modules can be build (if I remember correctly).

I have now 76 packages installed:
# /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm -qa | wc -l
76

Is that correct?  It would be nice if this mentioned in the wiki, perhaps with
the full list of packages.

Further more the rquired filespace is about 775 MB:
# du -sh /srv/kolab-server-2.0-beta-1/
775M    /srv/kolab-server-2.0-beta-1/

Same as above, it would be nice if this is mentioned on the wiki (I run out of
filespace during the build, resulting in yet another obmtool call ;)

> In case they cannot help you please don't hesitate to contuct us again!

Now after all those building I can't get kolab to work (perhaps the system is
not clean enough)?

# /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b

KOLAB BOOTSTRAP

Check for running webserver on port 80
Check for running webserver on port 443
Check for running imap server on port 143
Check for running imap server on port 220
Check for running imap server on port 585
Check for running imap server on port 993
Check for running pop3 server on port 109
Check for running pop3 server on port 110
Check for running pop3 server on port 473
Check for running pop3 server on port 995
Check for running smtp server on port 25
Check for running smtp server on port 465
Check for running ftp server on port 21
Check for running Amavis Virus Scanner Interface on port 10024
Check for running Kolab daemon on port 9999
Check for running OpenLDAP server on port 636
Check for running OpenLDAP server on port 389
Check for running Sieve server on port 2000
Excellent all required Ports are available!

====>>>>>  A <ctrl><C> was needed to be able to proceed  <<<<====

LDAP repository is empty - assuming fresh install
Please enter Hostname [chaos.radoeka.nl]:
Proceeding with Hostname chaos.radoeka.nl
Do you want to set up (1) a master Kolab server or (2) a slave [1] (1/2): 1
Proceeding with master server setup

Please enter your Maildomain [radoeka.nl]:
proceeding with Maildomain radoeka.nl
Generating default configuration:
 base_dn : dc=radoeka,dc=nl
 bind_dn : cn=manager,cn=internal,dc=radoeka,dc=nl
Please choose a manager password [OLivXEkq2g0VsxWQ]: secret
 bind_pw : secret
done modifying /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf

IMPORTANT NOTE:
use login=manager and passwd=secret when you log into the webinterface!

Enter fully qualified hostname of slave kolab server e.g. thishost.domain.tld
[empty when done]:
prepare LDAP database...
temporarily starting slapd
Waiting for OpenLDAP to start
could not connect ldap server ldap://127.0.0.1:389/
at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 408.
Can't call method "bind" without a package or object reference
at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap line 410.

------------------
What can be the reason that the bootstrapper can't connect to the ldap server
(To be honest I find it a cryptic error message ;)

I assume the error below is, because the bootstrapper did not finish.  I get
the error during system boot as well as /etc/init.rc/kolab is called for the
rcN directories.

chaos:~ # /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all start
OpenPKG: start: openpkg, openldap, sasl, spamassassin, amavisd:FAILED
openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:amavisd:%start: failed with return code 9
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
| No $LOGFILE is specified (and not logging via syslog) at /kolab/sbin/amavisd
line 1050.
OpenPKG: start: apache, clamav, dcron, imapd, postfix, proftpd, kolabd.

Is it possible to reuse the binary rpms that I have now?  Can I use those to
install on another system?  If so how should that be done?
The wiki is does not fill this gap yet:
http://kodoc.subvs.co.uk/index.php/Kolab2_Installation_-_Binary

--
Richard