[Kolab-devel] Horde

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Fri Feb 25 08:02:26 CET 2005

On Thursday, 24 February 2005 14:51, Matt Douhan wrote:
> On Thu February 24 2005 13:17, Hamish wrote:
> > Hello everyone
> > How close is the webclient to stable? I am getting pain because of shared
> > calendars! Is there a way to use shared calendars etc on windows without
> > outlook?
>
> Shared calendars works perfectly well for n minutes, where n can be
> anything from 1 to infinity.
>
> Stuart: any news on this selfdestruct issues?

I've been working on and off with this issue for the past two weeks and I
think we're finally close to solving it. Every time I've tried to debug a
portion of this, the problem just seemed to get deeper and deeper :-)

I've also been slightly improving the performance of the code - previously the
shares were getting saved/synched every time a change was made, such as
updating the ACL of a single user. This is no longer the case - the share is
saved/synched once, when $share->save() is called. I've also optimised this
to only save if a change actually occurred - previously the ACLs between the
shares and IMAP folders were getting reproduced every time a page was loaded,
and of course every time an ACL was touched the share was saved, which lead
to two or more redundant modify hook calls.

This leads onto the issue of saving shares; every time a share is saved the
_horde_hook_share_modify() hook is called, which ultimately ends up calling
Kolab::synchroniseShare(). I think this function is the cause of the
self-destruct problem. Currently it's only able to handle synchronising a
share to a "local" IMAP folder (i.e. a child of INBOX/) - this then obviously
causes problems when a remote share is saved/synchronised by a user.

I'm going away for the weekend this afternoon, and I'll be back on Tuesday so
hopefully this will be resolved next week sometime.

Stuart K Bingë