[Kolab-devel] new convenience features (CA-CERT and client download)

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Feb 9 16:54:42 CET 2005

Hi,

I am considering to add the following new features to Kolab.

1. when bootstrapping the Kolab Server I also create a DER with the public
certificate of the Certificate Authority.
1.1 This file will be called

	https://kolab.domain.tdl/certs/kolab.domain.tdl-ca.der

1.2 The users are asked to download this der file using their prefered web
browser

1.3 The new certificate is imported in the certificate manager of the
webbrowser. (I tested successfully with IE 6, Firefox and of course
Konqueror)

1.4 The web browser now accepts https connects without warnings

1.5 In addition imap and ldap clients e.g. can use the imported CA
Certificates on the client to verify the server certificated when required

2. Add a new directory "clients" to Apache

2.1 /kolab/var/kolab/www/clients can then be used to centrally offer downloads
of client software like OL Connector or rpms/deps for Kontact

Please provide me with some feedback before I will implement the new features.

Are there any other convenience features urgently missing?

Yours,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany