[Kolab-devel] kolab hostname: ips don't work?

Jochen Staerk jstaerk at usegroup.de
Wed Feb 2 14:47:22 CET 2005

Hi,

maximilian's post reminds me that I just wanted to say: I tried to have
kolab installed with a IP instead of a fully-qualified-domain-name.
Probably, IPs are not FQDN per se, but this messes up kolab 2 beta 2: it
will report a script error in an apache script on "openpkg rc all start".

Is this anywhere documented? If not, should it be? how severe is this
issue? can it easlily be resolved? I think apache accepts IPs
**everywhere** it requires a FQDN, even with NameVirtualHosts.

That's noncritical for me, I just wanted to raise this issue, it may be
a pain in the ass for some guys who try to set up a kolab2...

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen
Jochen Stärk

www.usegroup.de			(home office)