[Kolab-devel] [issue645] dropdown list with organization (company) name in address book form

Joe Karma kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Feb 1 00:56:33 CET 2005

New submission from Joe Karma <digitalphoto at digitalphoto.com.br>:

the idea has 2 fronts:
1 - an "o" record in LDAP would be created for every organization that the
admin enters in the address book, and maybe an "ou"record also. this would be
generated automatically, if not existent, for every new entry
2 - the "o" record then would show up as a dropdown list in the address book
form, so there would be no typos in the company name, and it would be much more
eficient to use the address book when you need to link a person to his/her
company. Also, maybe a second screen, for confirmation, would also show the
company's phone number and the organizational units. Then it would be a breeze
to fill in the address book and use it for other purposes as well.
3 - I also suggest a "duplicate record" button, where the fields would came up
filled with the company name, address etc. but the person's field would be
blank. Useful for entering people from the same company.
I might help creating a patch, as soon as the "o" question is solved, although
I am not a programmer I've been doing lots of stuff in PHP for a long while,
but I know nothing of LDAP whatsoever.

assignedto: martin
messages: 3753
nosy: karma, martin
priority: wish
status: unread
title: dropdown list with organization (company) name  in address book form