[Kolab-devel] kolab ldapdistlist.cf bugs

Fabio Pietrosanti lists at pietrosanti.it
Fri Dec 23 17:25:54 CET 2005

There is a ' " ' in /kolab/etc/postfix/ldapdistlist.cf that prevent
distribution list from working.

domain = @@@postfix-mydestination@@@"

instead of just removing \", it seems to me that "domain" could be
completelly removed.

I removed the "domain" (which was causing the error) and now
distribution list works fine.

They work for mailing, i can send email directly to a distribution list
that include many email address, including local users and local
"addressbook" users.

Definitelly it's possible to use distribution list as traditional email
alias/forwarding:
- DL accept direct email
- DL are used by postfix as standard email aliases that are "resolved"
trough the "virtual_maps" configuration line

The problem i was facing was that DL could not be used to create "group
email"/"forward email" or any other kind of terms we want to use because
of this noisy bug!

Now it seems to work, i will migrate an couple of email systems during
next week and will see about this feature.

Martin, you said me in a previous email message:

Yes. Actually we use the DLs like /etc/group. This means DLs are _not_ mailing
lists or aliases but DLs are used for stuff like authorization.
E.g. you can use a DL to grant access to a folder via IMAP ACLs to a group of
_local_ people.

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding, because it seems that they could
be used as "aliases/mailing lists" .

Fabio