[Kolab-devel] server release-notes.txt

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 15 20:45:42 CET 2005

Op donderdag 15 december 2005 20:08, schreef Bernhard Herzog:
> Richard Bos <richard at radoeka.nl> writes:
> > I miss the autoconfiscation update to KRH.
>
> Which patch was that?  Issue1010?  As I wrote in that issue I can't
> build an RPM of that right now and I don't have the time to figure out
> what to change.

Indeed Issue1010.  The solution to get that thing build is added by me as an
attachment. https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/file227/Makefile.  If you
like I can commit that patch. It can't harm much as the current Makefile does
not work at all ;)

> I'm sure it will be in the 2.1 beta, but it won't be in
> the next snapshot release.

What's the difference??

> > A lot of autoconfiscation work is performed by Marcus Huwe, he
> > should be mentioned too.
>
> Any specific issues where I should mention him?  All issues listed
> currently in release-notes only mention you.  Marcus is mentioned for
> perl-kolab, for which there's no new RPM in the next snapshot release.

Marcus is not almost invisible.  Let's say I'm his voice for the
autoconfiscaton stuff.

> > BTW: I'll be disappointed if the autoconfiscation
> > patch won't make it into the beta that will be released soon.
>
> Issue1022 won't be in the next snapshot release (otherwise we won't get
> it out the door at all) but I don't see a problem with putting it into
> the beta.

Any idea when will that be?  Shall I commit the patch...?  If I should have
done this week already, the patch would have been better tested than now (no
testing at all :((

It's a pity that all these patches missed the snapshot, they are just laying
there and nothing happens, while the patches are available before the
snapshot deadline.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless