[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.1 snapshot release 20051201

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Thu Dec 8 12:41:23 CET 2005

Am Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2005 18:07 schrieb Richard Bos:
> Op dinsdag 6 december 2005 16:43, schreef Bernhard Reiter:
> > It would be possible, but the release notes are currently for the full
> > server, not for one single package. Actually we are only saying that one
> > set of packages will work well together.
> > So having the release notes for the server is fine.
> > We could factor them into the NEWS file for each component, too,
> > I think.
>
> No need for that.  In the end all NEWS files will end up in:
> /.....doc/kolab/ So 1 news file that provides all info would be sufficient.

I think the release notes are in CVS already,
the only difference would be to additionally
keep them in a continuous list.

> > It is just a matter of who wants to do the work,  the information is
> > there
>
> in the CVS.
>
> That would be you I think, Bernhard as release coordinator (dude ;)

I cannot say for sure if  I am the release coordinator...
Usually Bernhard H. does the technical release after some quality control
and this is driven to some extend by the Kolab-Konsortium needs.

> The information should be there when the cvs is tagged and the tarbals are
> made.  AFAIK a copy and paste into kolabd/NEWS would suffice.

Keeping this in the kolabd module does not feel right to me,
as it would contain information about other modules.

Bernhard