[Kolab-devel] idletimeout in slapd.conf

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Tue Aug 16 23:46:52 CEST 2005

I'm having a problem related to the low idletimeout set in slapd.conf
(openldap).

Actually, the problem lies at the client (apache's mod_auth_ldap
module), but I discovered it due to the idletimeout.

By default, the apache module is using persistent connections. It
doesn't, however, deal gracefully when the connection is dropped by the
server, either when idletimeout is hit or the ldap server is just
restarted.

Increasing the idletimeout makes this better, but is no fix. Adding
"LDAP_Persistent_G off" to the apache conf fixes it at the expense of an
increased load on the ldap server.

So, I was just wondering if somebody else saw this ;)
I guess I'll try to patch the apache module to behave better.