[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.1 snapshot release

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Fri Aug 12 16:48:15 CEST 2005

Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl> writes:

> Should all services be stopped before the packages are being build and
> installed or should they be stopped?

Normally it's not necessary to stop the server in my experience.  The
servers I done this with don't have much load though.

> To obtain the shortes possible downtime the packages have to build on
> other system I assume.  If that is not possible, the downtime is just
> the time that is needed to build and install the packages??

You could build the new packages on a separate machine and then upgrade
the production server from binary packages.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/