[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.0 Beta 5 released

Cajus Pollmeier cajus at naasa.net
Tue Apr 26 18:37:27 CEST 2005

Am 26.04.2005 um 16:16 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

> On Friday 22 April 2005 20:45, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>> I've just uploaded Kolab Server 2.0 Beta 5.
>> It should be on the mirrors soon.
>>

>> Changes since Beta 4, 20050324:
>
>> 	  - deletion of ldap objects can be adapted to such setups
>> (issue721).
>
> Please do not rely on this feature yet, as we might change the design
> to require the third party tool to remove their changes themselfs,
> for this we probably will come up with some method for kolabd
> to only indicate that it has done its cleanup.

It would be cleaner if kolabd would remove its own entries like it does
when using the switches mentioned in issue721, because third party
programs may not - or don't want - to have the knowlegde on "how to
remove imap mailboxes in the kolab style".

To avoid breaking the official admin interface, third party tools should
be able to add a flag or whatever to the kolabDeleteFlag, so that kolabd
can act as expected. This is not GOsa specific - it's just the fact,
that
removing complete DN's is not a good idea in setups where the LDAP
keeps more informations than the kolab ones.

Cheers,
Cajus