[Kolab-devel] Kolab XML specification

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Thu Apr 21 14:14:08 CEST 2005

> > > Ok, I have to check if it makes any difference. resmgr.php _also_
> > > uses the subject to locate events, so I need to fix this in a
> > > couple of places.
> > >
> > > Where is the ScheduldingID/UID thing documented again? I could only
> > > find "The subject of the mail must be set to the UID of the
> > > object." in doc/kolab-formats/overview.sgml.
> >
> > Exactly, but you're setting the subject to the scheduling-id in the
> > code shown above. This looks like the actual bug to me, everything
> > else should be fine then. But hey, you're more in the details than
> > me. ;-)
>
> The problem is that the subject is used to search for events when the
> script receives an update to an existing event.
>
> The SchedulingID is the "persistent" ID and the UID is something that
> the script made up by itself. So in order to compare existing events
> with an incoming update, I need to be able to search for SchedulingID.

Steffen, I just had a bit time to read resmgr.php a bit further, and I've
found that critical part around line 1098 ff.
But you actually won't be able to find a message with that subject,
because the original event (subject with sched-id) is on another account
while you have the event with the new uid (and that subject).

Hm, I don't see a way around a more complicated determination of the
message in question. Everything else means to break the clients' logic as
far as I understand.

This turns out to become a quite interesting topic. ;-)

Andreas

--
+++ GMX - Die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail