[Kolab-devel] Possible problems in Toltec's Kolab XML handling?

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Wed Apr 20 11:48:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

> The first issue is Kontact writing <organizer> while Toltec
> uses <creator>. Toltec doesn't provide <revision> while
> Kontact does. Do these differences have any side effects?

<organizer> is for the user that organizes the meeting e.g. the Boss while
the <creator> is the actual person creating the meeting e.g. the PA. If this
is not the case we need to clarify the documentation and fix it.

> The second issue is that I have some events defined in OL
> which are recurring with an end date. But they end on the server as
>   <recurrence cycle="daily">
>     <interval>1</interval>
>     <range type="none"/>
>   </recurrence>
> while Kontact uses e.g.
>  <recurrence cycle="daily" >
>   <interval>1</interval>
> that. Does anybody else have this problem?

When range type is none, no end date has been specified in Outlook. Specify
an end date and the range will change.

> BTW, it's unfortunate that Toltec uses Base64 encoding for
> the XML attachment. That makes it a lot more difficult to
> find a certain message e.g. by the subject of an event for
> debugging reasons (while it is easily possible with the
> messages generated by Kontact).
> Do you see any chance to change that?

Base64 encoding is not subject to interpretation rules like quote-pritable.
What you put into base64 is what you get out of base64.

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC
Cell: +27 (0)83 368 8557