[Kolab-devel] working php.ini

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Fri Apr 8 12:49:21 CEST 2005

Dear Martin,

> > can you please provide a functional php.ini file? I see that the Beta4
> > source contains such a downsized version of all these config that you
> > actually could have omitted them all. It costs incredibly much time to
> > reconstruct everything...
>
> Can you please rephrase your wish?
>
> I don't understand your request as I think that the provided php.ini is
> indeed fully working.
It is not.

I wanted to point my browser to https://servername/admin/ but all I got was
something like "no connection". I investigated the problem and fount out that
the config files for the webserver did not contain any virtual host
statements. So I generated my virtual host... The file "apache.base" does not
even contain any paths to the key files generated during bootstrapping.

After I had my ssl server up and running I tried again: No success as the
webserver didn't contain any statement that "https://servername/admin/" was
meant to point to "https://servername/admin/index.php". So I added an
according statement.

After that I tried again, at last didn't get any error message any more, only
a blank page. I found out in the apache error.log that some php files could
not be found:

PHP Warning:  main(admin/include/mysmarty.php): failed to open stream: No such
file or directory in /usr/local/kolab/var/kolab/www/admin
/index.php on line 21
[Thu Apr  7 23:20:09 2005] [error] PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening
required 'admin/include/mysmarty.php' (include_path='.:')
in /usr/local/kolab/var/kolab/www/adm
in/index.php on line 21
<<<<<

[error] PHP Warning:  main(Smarty/Smarty.class.php): failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in /usr/local/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/in
clude/mysmarty.php on line 22
[Fri Apr  8 02:25:34 2005] [error] PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening
required 'Smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/kolab/var/kolab/php')
in /usr/local/kolab/
var/kolab/php/admin/include/mysmarty.php on line 22
<<<<<

PHP Warning:  main(session_vars.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in /usr/local/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on
line 22
[Fri Apr  8 12:34:39 2005] [error] PHP Fatal error:  main(): Failed opening
required
'session_vars.php' (include_path='.:/kolab/var/kolab/php:/kolab/lib/php')
in /usr/local/kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/ldap.class.php on line 22
<<<<<

You see in the above extracts from the error.log that I gradually filled up
the include path in order to get around the errors.

As a summary I see that either the php.ini is not functional or that some
other environment issues such as the include oath definition is missing at
another location.

Hope I could explain my problem. Nevertheless thanks for your work!

Markus