[Kolab-devel] [issue707] occasional slapd hangs after attempted writes

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Apr 6 16:46:26 CEST 2005

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Observed with kolab server 2.0-beta34 and earlier
were occasional slapd hangs. (You need strong signals to stop it
and then use db_recover in /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data to bring
the system up again.).

They have been observed even at low load during write operations.
The hangs with high load like in issue689 might be related,
thus we do not know if beta4 will also have this problem.

Martin suggested to use strace to find out what openldap is goind.
So we know need examples how to trigger this bug more reliably
and straces or real debug information about what openldap is doing
when it hangs.

assignedto: steffen
messages: 4273
nosy: bernhard, bh, martin, steffen, stephanb
priority: bug
status: need-eg
title: occasional slapd hangs after attempted writes
topic: server