[Kolab-devel] TR : [kronolith] Kronolith + driver Kolab without Kolab server

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Mon Sep 27 14:47:05 CEST 2004

Hi there,

On Friday, 24 September 2004 12:24, Nicolas Scaut wrote:
> Zitat von Nicolas Scaut <nicolas.scaut at province.namur.be>:
> > Hello
> >
> > I see that kronolith can use a kolab server to store the events and
> > freebusy files.
> >
> > Do you think it's possible to use independent cyrus-imapd server and
> > apache-webdav server with kronolith (without all the kolab packages)
> > because I prefer to use my imapd and apache config :)
>
> I don't think so, but the Kolab folks will probably know better. Ask on
> their mailing list.

I would think this is possible. This may be a bit too optimistic a view,
however, considering the scale of the two projects involved...

Obviously you'd have to try and match your own Cyrus & Apache configuration to
something similar to the Kolab setup in order for it to work properly, or
else hack the Kolab driver for Kronolith to support any deviations in your
setup (mainly thinking about things like directory structures, hierarchy
delimiters in Cyrus, username format, etc).

You'd also have to install MySQL or PosgreSQL or something similar to store
both the Horde Datatree system and the Preference system. Unless of course
you install LDAP and have a similar structure within that in terms of a user
hierarchy. There are probably several other facets you'd also have to take
into consideration that I didn't touch on here.

So, yes, it's most likely possible, but probably not worthwhile. And you'd
pretty much be on your own if you decided to go this route :-)

Cheers,
Stuart Bingë