[Kolab-devel] Non-unique UIDs

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Sep 26 22:55:30 CEST 2004

Am Freitag, 24. September 2004 11:44 schrieb Joon Radley:

Hi Joon,

> I use the IMAP4 UID for that synchronization.  I only
> generate/preserve the Kolab UID because it is part of the format. Outlooks
> has it own internal uid system called entry id's.

Hmm,.. the usage of IMAP UID looks fishy to me because you cannot depend
entirely on this UID. On one hand this UID might be reused (after
intermediate folder deletion) and on the other you are loosing the
relationship (e.g. an event got moved by another client). The loss of
relationship will then lead to a duplication of the event....

Bo: What is the required syntax for uids for libical?

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de