[Kolab-devel] Meta file handling for the Kolab Daemon

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Sep 22 08:36:06 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 21. September 2004 18:23 schrieb Stephan Buys:

Hi Stephan,

> I have committed basic meta data handling to perl-kolab. From now on if you
> want to create a new template file all you need to do is specify the
> correct fields and drop the file in $prefix/etc/kolab/templates/...
>
> I am attaching a sample/explanatory file...

What about a slight change in the syntax?

I propose to ignore the very first character of every line in the metadata
header in order to allow the usage of application specific comment prefixes.
In addition the format should allow for leading and trailing whitespace
characters.

e.g.:
# KOLAB_META_START
# TARGET=/tmp/templatetest.txt
# PERMISSIONS=0444
# OWNERSHIP=root:root
# KOLAB_META_END

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de