[Kolab-devel] Re: GOSA

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 17 12:32:06 CEST 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 16:29, Jochem Ippers wrote:
> probably you already know it: there is a web-frontend for ldap called gosa,
> which has just been gpl'ed, you can administrate unix (nis) and samba
> accounts with it (and a lot of other things, they have some own object
> schemas), maybe you could use some of its code / melt it together with the
> kolab-frontend (perhaps by changing the basic ldap-structure).

Gosa is known to me and if I remember correctly it is Free Software
since quite a while.

The problem with the ldap integration is, that this is the hard
work, when you go to a company and start to organise them.
So there is no "standard" setup of ldap that is easily supported
by the Kolab Server. Any work in that respect is appreciated,
but it surely is a lot of work to get all the different needs
into a joined standard even remotely.