[Kolab-devel] [issue385] toltec creates wrong time in Date: header - Ch

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Fri Sep 10 06:29:11 CEST 2004

Hi Bernhard,

> When you create a new event in Oulook with the toltec connector, the
> Date:
> header of the mail in the folder on the IMAP server has the wrong
> time.  It apparently doesn't convert to UTC or ignores the time zone
> settings.  E.g. when creating an event today at
> 16:51 local time (CEST, UTC +2) the Date header says:
> Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:51:20 +0000 which is off by 2 hours.

The use of UTC is applicable to the XML format and not the date header
field. All dates related and relevant to the event object is encapsulated in
the XML data and converted to UTC. RFC 2822 specifies that the local date
should be used for this field. (As far as I can remember)

The actual problem is that the connector did not save the date correctly, it
should read "Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:51:20 +0200".

I will look into this.

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC