[Kolab-devel] fb concept: pfb cache permissions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Sep 8 16:42:10 CEST 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 18:36, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> I suggest to not use an IMAP annotation, but
> the existance of files in a certain web directory.

No matter if the IMAP annotation is used or not
the following question came up to me:

This "web directory" for each user or account in general
needs to follow the permissions of the corresponding imap folders.
How can we do this technically?

Only Cyrus has that database,
so if we use apache webdav directories
or a cgi-script they must access the acl database somehow
and check permissions against it.

Thinking more conceptually, the pfb would be an attribute
of the folder, readable by all, but subject to writing rules.
pxfb would even have reading restricted.
For this it would make sense to cyrus imapd handle them.
For Kolab2 that seems to be a bit far to go.

So a webscript for the personal "cache" seems useful.
How does it access the acls of imapd?

Bernhard