[Kolab-devel] new LDAP attribute for "no MX lookups"

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Sep 6 21:01:30 CEST 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 19:09, Matt Douhan wrote:
> Hello
>
> in order to implement the checkbox to turn of MX lookups, a new attr
> would need to be added to the kolab object, adding it into the
> template is easy, but I am unsure how to actually get it into the
> running server.
>
> I edited /kolab/etc/openldap/schema/kolab2.schema and added
>
> attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.19414.2.1.509
>         NAME 'postfix-nomxlookup'
>         SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.7 )
>
> I then ran kolabconf and prayed it would sort it out but it didn't so
> I am missing some knowledge here, can someone please provide some
> inside on how to make it appear in the running server?

I would prefer to do without an additional attribute for this and just
let the php interface add/remove the [ and ] depending on the setting.
Give me a couple of hours -- I'll look at your patches and integrate
them later tonight.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se