[Kolab-devel] Solution for issue 343

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon Sep 6 14:20:00 CEST 2004

On Monday 06 September 2004 14:00, Matt Douhan wrote:
> On Monday 06 September 2004 13.45, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > Thanks for the contribution Matt. I read through the patches and
> > noticed that when you don't configure a relayhost, main.cf will end
> > up with a line like this:
> >
> > relayhost = []
> >
> > Is that acceptable to postfix as meaning "no relayhost"?
>
> Hmm ok this brings out a problem actually, if you configure a
> relayhost, and later want to delete it, it shows an error about
> invalid syntax
>
> LDAP Error: failed to modify kolab configuration object: Invalid
> syntax
>
> I will check what causes this, but maybe you can provide some insight
> since you guys are way more fmailiar with the LDAP schemes than I am
> so far, but hey he who does not ask does not learn :)

That sounds like an php/ldap-ism. It doesn't like that you pass
array( 'postfix-relayhost' => '' ) to ldap_modify() I think. Try to use
array( 'postfix-relayhost' => array() ) instead if you detect an empty
string.

But that is not really my worry, I'm more interested in how postfix
behaves with this relayhost = [] line.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se