[Kolab-devel] ftp.kolab.org structure

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 3 13:28:50 CEST 2004

[ Question was: How to structure ftp.kolab.org. ]

We have two solutions:
	a) put all packages in current and when a new package
	comes, move the old one in a new directory and the new one
	in current.

        Advantage: avoids for the mirror to support symlinks
        Disadvantage: move packaged get transfered to mirrors again

        b) put all packages in directories and use symlinks from current

        Advantage: mirrors need to get a bit less
        Disadvantage: Need mirrors to set up a document root so
        that symlinks are not followed to other parts of the server
        for security reasons

Talked to Martin on the phone,
as we have b) now and he runs the second mirror,
there is not immedeate need to change and he just can
activate symlinks on a document root or virutal server
on Erfrakon's mirror.