[Kolab-devel] Max number of contacts

Bo Thorsen bo at thorsen-consulting.dk
Thu Oct 28 16:15:43 CEST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 16:03, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> What is the maximum number for contacts you can keep
>  - in Kontact (ala Korganizer)

I don't think there is any fixed amount. Anything that is comfortable to
use should be fine. Memory should be the biggest concern over very big
calendars.

Oh, and we should take care reminding Kontact users to use the archiving
feature - archive old events to a file and add a file resource with that
file. Then you have a resource you can activate or deactivate, so you can
very quickly access your old events, but they are not loaded in memory
normally.

Having 8000 events in a calendar sounds like wrong use to me.

Bo.