[Kolab-devel] universal inbox? outlook outgoing transport

Joon Radley joon at radleys.co.za
Tue Oct 26 07:09:11 CEST 2004

Hi Bernhard,

> I have thought back and forth about the modeling cases
> (together with Martin).
>
> I believe that it is most important that we can make
> reminders fire in some folders (the ones where we have the
> corresponding imap annotation) which are different from the
> default folder.
> This would allow us to model privacy with a private folder,
> because you use usually do not invite many people nor get
> many notifications.
> Also it would allow group accounts to work reasonably.
>
> Can you make this possible at all?
> When it goes hard to hard, it might be possible using your
> own list in the pst which you keep current on writes of
> reminder relevant folders and then running a thread popping
> up the reminder message accordingly. Over the entry number
> your could even give them a link to the real appointment.

In OL 2003 you can right click on a calendar folder and click on the "Add to
My Calendars" option. I have never tested this functionality and I will only
be able to do so on Thursday, but I think this will resolve the reminder
issue.

> On Monday 25 October 2004 17:51, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Here an attempt of the summary of what was discussed in irc
> about the
> > universal inbox and the related problems.
>
> On the universal inbox approach: It might be enough that we
> just say: All clients must to the transport themselfs which
> would allow you to just keep on using pop3.
> So Kontact would use IMAP to get mail and put in in the
> default real inbox and you can continue using pop3 for doing so.

This will be perfect as I do not need to implement iTip in this case. Just
use the normal OL provider.

Best regards

Joon Radley
Radley Network Technologies CC