[Kolab-devel] Ressource Manager config question

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Sat Oct 23 17:19:17 CEST 2004

Andreas Gungl <a.gungl at gmx.de> writes:

> On Freitag 22 Oktober 2004 11:36, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
>> Steffen Hansen <steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se> writes:
>> > The folder above (Calendar) is the "primary calendar" of the
>> > user/group/resource.
>>
>> Does that that the automatic handling of invitations will not work
>> correctly for a user whose imap folders were created by the german
>> toltec connector where the primary calendar folder is called "Kalender"?
>
> Hm, I think I do not really understand the terms here.

The kolab server can be told to handle requests for events
automatically.  Until recently it only worked for resources and groups
but now it can be done for normal users as well.  For normal users the
default folders are usually created by the clients (kde or toltec) but
the resource handler script has to know where to put new events.  It
seems the name of that folder is hard wired, although it shouldn't be.
The default folder should be determined from the imap annotations which
the kde and toltec client already do but the resmgr apparently not.  Or
actually I don't know wether it does that, but I haven't tested it and
for the resources and groups it didn't really need to, so far, so it's
not unlikely that that part is not implemented yet.

> Does it mean, that only subfolders of the primary calendar are checked for
> holding events? What's used to determin the folders in question?

It's done with imap annotations.  Folders have annotations that tell the
clients what kind of resource is stored in them and which folders are
the default folders.  There will be annotations that determine which of
the calendar folders are relevant for free/busy information as well.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                http://sketch.sourceforge.net/