[Kolab-devel] Re: connection with username/password on Windows / OL

Michel Boyer de la Giroday michel at kdab.net
Wed Oct 20 08:53:40 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 22:18, you wrote:

> > I would like to retrieve the freebusy info. from OL with
> > username/password using https
> >
> > I tried
> > https://michel5%40giroday.dyndns.org:michel5@giroday.dyndns.org/freeb
> >usy/%NAME %@giroday.dyndns.org.ifb
> >
> > but this string is not parsed correctly by OL .
> >
> > I get the following URL in the error msg produced by OL:
> > https://michel5@giroday.dyndns.orgrg:michel5@girod...etc
> > see "orgrg".
> >
> > Could someone help me with that ?
>
> I think I got it to work, initially with http, but after installing
> Service Pack 1 for Outlook 2003 and importing the CA certificate from
> the kolab server into Windows, https also worked. Notice that DTSTART
> and DTEND are still b0rked for some reason, so you might have to scroll
> the freebusy view back or forth to see that it actually displays
> something.
>
> Mini-Howto install the CA cert: Copy /kolab/etc/kolab/ca/cacert.pem from
> the kolab server to the windows box and rename it to cacert.cer. Then
> double-click it and follow the wizard.

Yes it works fine via https too now, but we need to use username/password.
it does not work without it.
So it has to be configured as follow:

https://<username>:<password>@%SERVER%/freebusy/%NAME%@%SERVER%.ifb

Thx for your help
Michel
--
Michel de la Giroday
Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB

New:
'Real world solutions to real world problems'
http://www.kdab.net/practicalqt