[Kolab-devel] Re: connection with username/password on Windows / OL

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Oct 19 23:05:56 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 22:24, Matt Douhan wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 October 2004 22.18, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> > I think I got it to work, initially with http, but after installing
> > Service Pack 1 for Outlook 2003 and importing the CA certificate
> > from the kolab server into Windows, https also worked. Notice that
> > DTSTART and DTEND are still b0rked for some reason, so you might
> > have to scroll the freebusy view back or forth to see that it
> > actually displays something.
>
> what is DTSTART and DTEND used for? notice my previous email about FB
> question, where my ifb file is empty although the pfb is not, the
> DTSTART and DTEND in that ifb file is very weird and start with 1970
> and I am wondering if that could be the cause of my problems

From rfc2445:

"the "DTSTART" and "DTEND" properties specify an inclusive time window
that surrounds the busy time information;"

That doesn't really say much in my opinion, but when publishing freebusy
information it only makes sense if the time between DTSTART and DTEND
that is not marked as busy, is free.

But besides that, you are right. Something is rotten about the
DTSTART/DTEND values you have there. Please compare the .ifb with
the .pfb file(s) for that user
in /kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/cache/<username> and the output of

/kolab/bin/dbtool -d /kolab/var/kolab/www/freebusy/cache/pfbcache.db  -D

(install package dbtool if you dont have the dbtool binary).

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se