[Kolab-devel] Recomended Distro

Shawn Everett shawn at tandac.com
Sat Oct 16 19:46:25 CEST 2004

Hi Gang,

I have been trying without much success to get Kolab installed and configured
correctly.  There always seems to be some little glitch in the way thing get
installed that prevent it from working out of the box.

I have tried using the packages from zfos.org and while they install correctly
the back end kolab services don't work correctly.  For example using
Netscape's IMAP client it authenticates but I am unable to create mail boxes.
The Zfos packages make things pretty fool proof.  Either I'm missing an
obvious step or the package is buggy.

I would greatly apreciate any advice to working towards a working Kolab
installation.  What Linux distribution should I use?  Where should I get
Kolab from?  What should my first steps be?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Shawn