[Kolab-devel] Re: stephan: server/kolab/kolab/templates proftpd.conf.template, 1.2, 1.3

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Oct 15 16:17:13 CEST 2004

On Friday 15 October 2004 15:36, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 15 October 2004 14:35, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Thursday 14 October 2004 13:14, cvs at intevation.de wrote:
> > > Author: stephan
> > > Fix to freebusy.php cache.
> > >
> > > /kolabrepository/server/kolab/kolab/templates/proftpd.conf.template,v
> > > diff -u -d -r1.2 -r1.3
> > > --- proftpd.conf.template 16 Sep 2004 14:45:35 -0000 1.2
> > > +++ proftpd.conf.template 14 Oct 2004 11:14:51 -0000 1.3
> > >
> > > -DefaultRoot       @l_prefix@/var/kolab/www/freebusy/data
> > > +DefaultRoot       @l_prefix@/var/kolab/www/freebusy/cache
> >
> > Does this mean that ftp uploads will be made in the freebusy cache?
> > Steffen: Is this save to do?
>
> When steffen was on training (about 3/4 weeks ago?) we fixed the
> freebusy.php script to work as follows:
> 1) If access to a Calendar is available, use it.
> 2) If not, check if the user's Calendar is on another server and try to
> redirect to that server.
> 3) If all else fails attempt to load the ifb from the cache. (This is how
> you would access the resource managers' free/busy for example)
> 4) Failure: 404, http...
>
> Hopefully this was not "unfixed" as this provides support for legacy
> clients...

Have you read the new freebusy.txt concept involving partial freebusy lists?
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/doc/architecture/freebusy.txt

Now each folder that is freebusy relevant as an imap annotation
and the client needs to trigger the pfb creation via an URL.
Then a pfb collector will assemble the real fb list and (probably)
put it in a cache.

Thus an uploaded fb list can only be used as another pfb
as far as i can think.