[Kolab-devel] OpenLDAP problem

Buchan Milne bgmilne at obsidian.co.za
Wed Oct 6 16:54:29 CEST 2004

Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2004 09:47 schrieb Thomas Lotterer:
>
> Hi Thomas,
>

>>related to the Berkeley-DB library interface were fixed in OpenLDAP
>>between 2.2.14 (OpenPKG 2.1) and 2.2.17 (OpenPKG CURRENT). With OpenLDAP
>

>>    db-4.2.52.2-20040630
>>    openldap-2.2.17-20040923
>

> Is this combination fully compatible to the OpenPKG 2.1 packages? E.g. is
> there any procedure required for updating?
>

>>2.) OpenLDAP does not care about the Berkeley-DB (transaction) logs. The
>>administrator must clean up the system manually. [4]
>

> What has the administrator to do? Do we need some cronjob or web admin gui for
> this?

IMHO a cron job, but please don't use the 'db_archive -l|xargs rm' in
the mail the first post linked to, please read my reply if you want
admins to be able to have real backups.

Regards,
Buchan

--
Buchan Milne                      Senior Support Technician
Obsidian Systems                  http://www.obsidian.co.za