[Kolab-devel] OpenLDAP problem

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Oct 6 16:11:46 CEST 2004

Am Montag, 4. Oktober 2004 14:12 schrieb Buchan Milne:

Hi,

> > I have seen now multiple times an OpenLDAP server hanging and using 100%
> > cpu.

> You would need to give some information on the size of the database,

very small (about 20 entries)

> whether you have done tuning,

no, it is a plain kolab install.

> whether you have had openldap shut down
> badly,

maybe but I am not aware of this.

> whether you have run database recovery etc or not.

No I did not try a db recovery.

> If you have a large database (or a very busy one), ensure you have a
> checkpoint setting in your database definition.

This test machine was neither populated nor busy.

> database>') and start openldap again. Then try and find out why your
> database needed recovery ...

I think the upgrade as suggested by Thomas is the way to go.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."
  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.