[Kolab-devel] removal of legacy ftp support

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Oct 3 05:24:24 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am considering to remove the ftp capability from Kolab 2.

From a security point of view ftp was always a nightmare and I think that
neither the ftp upload nor download features are required anymore.

On one hand we will gain server generated free-busy lists with Kolab 2 and on
the other we can use https and webdav as communication protocols for both
uploads and downloads.

Opinions welcome!

Yours,
-- martin

President next year."
  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc. (One of the largest American
  manufacturers of election machinery)

e r f r a k o n