[Kolab-devel] New freebusy features in LDAP

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Oct 1 23:20:56 CEST 2004

Am Freitag, 1. Oktober 2004 15:52 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi,

> > I want to introduce a new attribute in the LDAP schema to make the
> > proposed time span of six weeks configurable. I am considering to use
> > number of days as the syntax.
>
> Sound fine, so this is relevant for pfb creation, too?

Yes! It is relevant for creating a pfb

It is also relevant for finding orphaned pfbs by the pfb collector script when
generating a fb.

> Wouldn't we need a maximum value for the future, too?

I don't understand.

> Thinking about recurrent appointments which could be umlimited otherwise.
> ;)

fb is always from now back in time for the above configurable time span.
The check is always with regards to the unrolled events. So a recurring event
is relevant if it happens within this time span.

E.g my birthday is a recurring event on October 13th. This recurring event is
unlimited but irrelevant when looking at the time span from today to August
20th 2004.

Yours,
-- martin

President next year."
  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc. (One of the largest American
  manufacturers of election machinery)

e r f r a k o n