[Kolab-devel] Some thoughts about From field in invitations

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Nov 26 15:51:47 CET 2004

On Thursday 25 November 2004 00:56, David Faure wrote:
> I've been thinking about what should be the From field of the mail sent to
> invite someone (to a new event).
>
> In the secretary scenario:
>   creator = secretary
>   organizer = boss
>   The From field should be secretary so that she gets the replies, right?

Hmm both makes sense.
If the secretary really has access to the email of the boss,
then the boss should get the replies.
So the organizer gets the replies (which is in the iCalendar if I remember
correctly.)

If the secretary organizes stuff than she is the organizer.

>   (In Kontact we don't store <creator> yet, this might be why this isn't
> done at the moment)

> Group-leader scenario: (someone with kmail accounts for both himself and
> the group) creator = group
>  organizer = group
>  The From field could be group (AFAICS it doesn't matter much, it just
> looks more logical) Right now it's neither creator nor organizer - it's the
> default identity, which I find strange.

The group should be the replies.
However I think From: should be related to the identity sending
the email (as you are only allowed to send emails from certain identities).

There are several ways to act as someone else,
I guess we just need more experience in modelling problems like this.