[Kolab-devel] Some thoughts about From field in invitations

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu Nov 25 00:56:08 CET 2004

I've been thinking about what should be the From field of the mail sent to
invite someone (to a new event).

In the secretary scenario:
  creator = secretary
  organizer = boss
  The From field should be secretary so that she gets the replies, right?
  (In Kontact we don't store <creator> yet, this might be why this isn't done at the moment)

Group-leader scenario: (someone with kmail accounts for both himself and the group)
 creator = group
 organizer = group
 The From field could be group (AFAICS it doesn't matter much, it just looks more logical)
 Right now it's neither creator nor organizer - it's the default identity, which I find strange.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer