[Kolab-devel] [issue533] OL cannot send email to distribution lists

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Nov 16 11:03:01 CET 2004

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Currently OL does not seem to be able to send email
to our distribution list (as saved in the ldap).

(This issue is independed of the Toltec connector,
still I give it the topic as marker to the current windows Kolab2 client.
And I add Joon on nosy, because he might have hints
or insights for us.)

They are recognised in the recipient fields for appointment
or mail, but then a message it generated (probably by the outlook
sending part) that say that no account has permissions to send
to this address. I assume that it never contacted the Kolab server
via SMTP, but I have not proven that yet.

So is the solution to add a real email address to the groupOfNames
ldap object?

assignedto: tassilo
messages: 2932
nosy: bernhard, tassilo
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: OL cannot send email to distribution lists
topic: proko2, toltec