[Kolab-devel] Kontact Mail Size Limit?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Fri Nov 12 22:48:40 CET 2004

Am Freitag, 12. November 2004 17:34 schrieb Bernhard Reiter:

Hi Bernhard,

> Some reports I have say that 20 MegaByte do work, but very slow,
> but 40 Megabyte freeze Kontact (I don't know for how long).
>
> Did anybody send more then 20 MByte?

Mails that big are considered a problem for every mail system (Denial of
Service attack) and therefore it is possible to limit the maximum size of an
email message with Postfix.

A default Kolab 2 installation has the following setting.

message_size_limit = 10240000

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n