[Kolab-devel] universal inbox? outlook outgoing transport

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Tue Nov 2 16:40:49 CET 2004

> On Tuesday 02 November 2004 12:34, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> How hard is it to get this integrated with the vacation and forwarding
> sieve we do?
> BTW: I have openend issue506 for this, so when we have a conclusion
> we can register
> it their and then you can implement it.

The postfix approach seems to be okay. IMO only the admins will change
this part of the system. But sieve is clearly on the user's side.

I'm afraid this will be a source of problems considering that some people
will try to handle the mail filtering on the server side using their own
sieve scripts. This is the only way to avoid writing the same filter rule
on multiple clients (e.g. desktop PC and notebook). To avoid this
conflicts, they would have to care for those predefined sieve rules. Even
if only power users will use sieve and given that there will be an
appropriate user documentation available, I'm still in doubt about the
approach.

Regards,
Andreas

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!