[Kolab-devel] universal inbox? outlook outgoing transport

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Nov 2 12:34:03 CET 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 11:15, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > > Okay, what is the solution you propose?
> > > There must be a way to make a script configurable
> > > that transports email from spool to the default "inbox" imap
> > > folder.
> >
> > To me it seems that Sieve is ideal for this purpose. I don't know
> > the full requirements for this "move-mail-script", but with Sieve
> > filing mail into a folder is as easy as:
> >
> > require "fileinto";
> > fileinto "INBOX/Inbox";
>
> So how would sieve filter out email messages from invitation messages
> which is important here?

We cannot traverse mime parts directly in Sieve (not implemented in
Cyrus it seems), but we can add a mime_header_check to postfix that
adds a header if the message contains a text/calendar part:

/^content-type:\s+text\/calendar/ PREPEND X-Kolab-Schedulemsg: TRUE

and then we can check for that header in Sieve. If we send the
text/calendar in the body of the mail, we can just do a header check
right away with Sieve:

if( header :contains "Content-Type" "text/calendar" ) {
	keep; # Keep in INBOX
	stop;
}
fileinto "INBOX/Inbox"; # Copy everything else

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se