[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Tue May 25 22:58:50 CEST 2004

Op dinsdag 25 mei 2004 12:01, schreef Timotheus Pokorra:
> Hello Richard,
>
> I find that idea interesting and good.
> I hope to experiment with it on Fedora on the weekend.

Looking forward to your experience!!

> >However, I just found out that kolab just obtained devtool which already
> >improves the the build situation already.  I assume the latter as it would
> >otherwise not be accepted :)
>
> I am not sure if I understood it all completely.
> devtool makes configurations for OpenPKG. Is that right?

I don't know, what it can or not.  It would be nice if someone could shed some
light on it.

> Your scripts create a configuration for all distributions where someone
> creates a file in the dist_conf directory?

This is indeed correct.  In your case just copy the file dist_conf/mandrake to
dist_conf/fedora.  Adapt the variables in the latter and than run
./configure --enable-dist=fedora <and otherneeded arguments>

As a first test you can look the files with the suffix .in (but not the
Makefile.in), and diff this one that results from the your build (after
make).   Just check if the file makes sense to you....;)

I would like to obtain the file dist_conf/fedora from you, so I can include it
in the tarball :))

> It still requires the packages to be compiled specifically for kolab, or
> would it work with the standard rpm's of the distributions?

Besides special functionality that is needed by kolab, to my opinion native
distribution packages should be sufficient.
Are there any patches required to any of the other (server) packages to make
kolab work?  One should of course adhere to the versions that are required to
work with kolab (e.g. postfix needs to be version 2.1.0 since a week or so).

The kolab-autoconf-test-20040523-1.tar.bz2 tarball contains only the module
server/kolab.  I assume that the module sever/perl-kolab is required to get
kolab up and running.  Is this indeed required and are there other cvs
modules required?  Can anyone provide an overview of which files are provided
by a recent kolab (openpkg) rpm?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless