[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue May 25 11:31:44 CEST 2004

On Saturday 22 May 2004 22:50, Richard Bos wrote:
> I'm new to this list,

Welcome!

> Like others I had something to
> remark about the inflexibility of the kolab installation tools.  So, I
> started hacking to do something about it (and not only complaining about
> it).

We appreciate this.

> However, I just found out that kolab just obtained devtool which
> already improves the the build situation already.

Currently it seems that we need to improve
on the webpage documenation side of things
so all the people who want to help can actually do so in a coordinated manner.

> I'll never the less provide the result of my work, as it is available :)

> I based my work on the autotools concept, widely known to you all I assume.
> The kolab-autoconf-test-200405*.tar.bz2 tarball that is available at:
> http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/kolab can be easily installed on a
> openpkg/kolab system, by running the famous command sequence:
> './configure; make; make install'.

It is good that you publish your work.
You never can say when people start looking at those different
ways of building Kolab. Personally I am very busy trying the proko2
intermediate results currently.